Springvale railway station
|PTV commuter rail station|
Springvale, Victoria 3171
|Operated by||Metro Trains|
|Distance||24.50 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Train operators||Metro Trains|
|Connections||6 bus routes|
|Depth||6.5 metres (21 feet)|
|Status||Operational, premium station|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||1 September 1880|
|Rebuilt||22 April 2014|
|Electrified||1500 V DC overhead|
|Previous names||Spring Vale|
|2009–2010||1.754 million 9.01%|
|2010–2011||1.713 million 2.34%|
|2011–2012||1.598 million 6.71%|
|2013–2014||1.393 million 12.83%|
Springvale railway station is a railway station in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It is located on the Gippsland line and is served by Pakenham and Cranbourne commuter rail services. It serves the south-eastern suburb of Springvale, opening on 1 September 1880 as Spring Vale, and was renamed Springvale in February 1972.
The remnant of a former branch line, which went to Spring Vale Cemetery station, was located at the northern end of the station. In October 2002, it was booked out of use, and the associated points, signals, crossover, and overhead wiring were removed in August 2008.
In mid-2013, construction commenced on a grade separation project to eliminate the Springvale Road level crossing immediately north of the station. As part of this project, a new station was constructed below street level, which opened on 22 April 2014.
Facilities, platforms & services
Springvale has two side platforms, with a concourse above on ground level. The concourse features a customer service window, an enclosed waiting room and toilets. Inside this enclosed waiting room there is a small coffee kiosk. Access to the platforms is provided by stairs and ramps. Springvale is serviced by Metro Trains' Pakenham and Cranbourne line services.
- Flinders Street all stations and limited express services to
- all stations and limited express services to Flinders Street
Transdev Melbourne operates one route via Springvale station:
Ventura Bus Lines operate five routes via Springvale station:
- 705: to Mordialloc station
- 811: Dandenong station – Brighton
- 813: Dandenong station – Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre
- 814: Springvale South – Dandenong Railway Station 
- 885: to Glen Waverley station
- "Train Station Patronage FY2008-2014". Public Transport Victoria. 14 May 2015. Archived from the original (XLS) on 30 March 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2016. (access from )
- Springvale Vicsig
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail: 1962–1983. p. 106. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. April 1976. p. 92.
- "Upgrading Eltham to a Premium Station". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. October 1997. p. 310.
- "Works". Newsrail. Australian Railway Historical Society. September 2008. pp. 278–282.
- Springvale Level Crossing Project Removal Project VicRoads
- Springvale Level Crossing Project Removal Project Information Update March 2014 VicRoads
- Springvale level crossing and Premium Station open VicRoads 22 April 2014
- "Pakenham Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "Cranbourne Line". Public Transport Victoria.
- "902 Chelsea - Airport West (SMARTBUS Service)". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "705 Mordialloc - Springvale via Braeside & Clayton South". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "811 Dandenong - Brighton via Heatherton Road & Springvale". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "813 Dandenong - Waverley Gardens SC". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "814 Springvale South - Dandenong via Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre & Springvale". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "885 Glen Waverley - Springvale via Wanda Street". Public Transport Victoria. Retrieved 11 March 2019.