Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021)
|Tiny Toon Adventures: Trouble in Wackyland |
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana Land e Yōkoso
|VideoGames & Computer Entertainment||6/10[d]|
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland is a Tiny Toon Adventures-based video game, released on the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1993, and developed and published by Konami. The game was originally released in Japan as Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana Land e Yōkoso (Tiny Toon Adventures 2 モンタナランドへようこそ, "Welcome to Montana Land"). According to the story there is a new amusement park in Acme Acres, and everyone has been invited to visit by a "Secret Admirer".
There are five areas which the player can explore, each one starring a different character. Plucky rides a bumper car. Hamton rides a tricky train trip. Babs rides the rollercoaster. Furrball dodges Sweetie as he goes for a wild log ride. And Buster faces the thrills and chills of the Funhouse.
Each ride costs a certain number of tickets, but as the player racks up points on the various rides, more tickets are earned. Eventually, when enough tickets have been earned, they can be saved until the player has enough to afford the entrance fee to the Funhouse, where Buster Bunny must then navigate numerous obstacles before squaring off with the "Secret Admirer", who turns out to be Montana Max.
Just like in the first game, Roderick Rat is there to try to interfere, along with other villain characters. Other Tiny Toon characters also make appearances in varying degrees.
- In Electronic Gaming Monthly's review, Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland was scored a 7/10 by three reviewers and a 6/10 by one.
- GamePro gave Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland two 4/5 ratings for control and fun factor, a 4.5/5 for graphics, and a 3.5/5 for sound.
- Nintendo Power scored Tiny Toon Adventures 2 in four aspects: graphics/sound, play control, challenge and fun factor. It received 3.3/5 marks in all of them except challenge which scored 3.2/5.
- In a review by VideoGames & Computer Entertainment, it main writer scored it a 4/10, and four critics that provided brief comments awarded it two 7/10 ratings and two 6/10 ratings.
- Cram, Marc (March 1993). "Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland". Electronic Games. p. 56.
- Harris, Steve; Semrad, Ed; Alessi, Martin; Sushi-X (April 1993). "Tiny Toon Adventures 2". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Vol. 6 no. 4. p. 32.
- Brother Buzz (March 1993). "Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland". GamePro. No. 44. p. 30.
- "Tiny Toon Adventure 2: Trouble in Wackyland". Nintendo Power. Vol. 45. February 1993. p. 105.
- Mandel, Josh (April 1993). "Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Trouble in Wackyland". VideoGames & Computer Entertainment. p. 45.